The Council is composed of an
international group of scholars engaged in research in Borneo. The
Council's goals are to:
- Promote scientific research in the social, biological, and
medical sciences in Borneo;
- Permit the research community, interested Borneo government
departments, and others to keep abreast of ongoing research and
- Serve as a vehicle for drawing attention to urgent research
and its results;
- Coordinate the flow of information on Borneo research arising
from many diverse sources;
- Disseminate rapidly the initial results of research activity;
- Inform the interested public on research in Borneo.
Other functions include providing counsel and assistance to research
endeavors, conservation activities, and the practical application
of research results.